TP-Link Repeater setup – tplinkrepeater .net
Besides providing pretty impressive and reliable repeaters, tplink also provides a good variety of reliable repeaters. Tp-link repeaters are very easy to setup and use using tplinkrepeater .net. To get access to your tp-link repeater, you would need to setup and login to your repeater. This will give you access to the admin panel where you can change the settings as desired. Below, we will share the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to your repeater using tplinkrepeater .net
Steps to setup the TP-Link repeater using tplinkrepeater .net
- Firstly, use an Ethernet cable provided with the repeater to attach the modem to the WAN port of the tplinkrepeater.
- Then, plug in the repeater to an active power source and turn it on using the On/Off switch on the back.
- Using a computer or a laptop, connect to the wireless network name broadcasted by the repeater. The default username and password are provided at the bottom of the device.
- After that, go to a web browser and type tplinkrepeater .net in the address bar to access the admin login page for the repeater. Alternatively, the user can type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar as well to access the same page.
- Then, enter the default username and password for the repeater.
User Name : admin
Password : password
- Click Login to login to the repeater.
- The Quick Setup will appear. Click Next to get started.
- Select the Next option.
- Now, click Finish.
Finally, the tplinkrepeater will now be setup successfully. You may place it anywhere and use it as desired. If you encounter any issues after logging in to your Tp-link repeater using tplinkrepeater .net. Please find the following detailed troubleshooting steps to help configure your repeater completely.
The TP-Link wireless network will now be setup using tplinkrepeater .net. Alternatively, it can also be setup using the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1.
TP-Link Repeater basic login process using tplinkrepeater .net
Steps to login to the tplinkrepeater:
- Type tplinkrepeater .net in the address bar of any internet browser to access the admin page for the repeater. The user can also login using 192.168.1.1 IP address.
- The login window will display.
- There, the user will have to enter the default information written on the bottom of the tplinkrepeater. Usually it’s the following:
User Name : admin
Password : admin (Enter the password in lower case)
- If the user has previously changed the default username and password, type that in instead. If that fails too, try restoring the tplinkrepeater back to its factory default settings.
- Now, the user will be logged in to their repeater.
From here, the user can further configure their wireless network and personalize it according to their needs. The user can also login to their repeater using its default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1. All the troubleshooting steps are almost the same with 192.168.1.1. The user can simply follow the on screen instructions and gain access to the admin panel of their tplinkrepeater easily.
To troubleshoot the network problems, the user can choose to reset their repeater if needed.
Steps to reset the tplinkrepeater:
- Firstly, using a paper clip, press the reset button located at the back of the repeater.
- Hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the reset button after ten seconds.
- At last, the TP-Link repeater will be restored back to its factory default settings.
Once the tplinkrepeater has been restored back to the factory default settings, the personalized settings of the user will disappear. The process cannot be reversed once the reset is complete.
Tp-link repeater username and password change troubleshooting steps:
This way, any unauthorized user will never be able to gain access to the user’s network.
- Firstly, navigate to tplinkrepeater .net in any internet browser to access the admin login page.
- Then, enter the default username and password in the fields provided.
User Name : admin
Password : admin
- After that, click the System Tools in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen. Now, click on Password option.
- Enter admin in the username and password fields.
- Now, enter the new username and password in the respective fields provided. Confirm the new password as well.
Make sure that the new password strength is very strong. It makes it hard for people to guess it. Also, do not share the password with anyone.
- Click the Save option. You will now be logged out.
- At last, reconnect to the wireless network using the new username and password.
Now, the default username and password for the TP-Link wireless network will have been changed successfully. You can now connect your devices to your tplinkrepeater using the new credentials.
- Make sure that the username does not contain any password hints or any other type of sensitive information. The username is visible to nearby devices.
- Do not share the password with anybody.
For enhanced performance, it is highly recommended that the user updates the firmware for their TP-Link repeater.
Steps to update the firmware for the TP-Link repeater:
- Firstly, open any internet browser and type tplinkrepeater .net in the address bar.
- Then, the user will then have to enter the default username and password for their repeater.
- The username is admin and the password is also admin. They will be provided at the bottom of the repeater. They will be case sensitive.
- After that, select ADVANCED option.
- Now, select the Firmware Update option.
- Then, click the Repeater Update or Firmware Update option. Click Check button.
- The repeater will now look for a firmware update.
- Then, it will ask to install if any is available. Click Yes to begin.
- The repeater will then begin updating the firmware for the tplinkrepeater.
- Once the tplinkrepeater has finished updating, it will reboot itself.
- Do not unplug the tplinkrepeater from its power source as it can damage the firmware of the repeater.
If you wish to read more about setting up your Tp-link router, please click here.